Chicken Breast is a versatile ingredient that can be added as a top to any main dish of your choice. It can we well be added to salads, soups, curries, stir-fries, and a lot more with the main purpose of adding more protein to your meal content. Cooking chicken pieces in a saucepan is easy and quick. Infact, not only tasty is this recipe but it is highly nutritious and will help you get dinner on the table as soon as possible.
You can either prepare your chicken pieces alone or better still added to a dish. According to various research, cooked chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days maximum. Not only that, you can also decide to saute your chicken pieces with other ingredients as part of a dish.
Preparing chicken pieces alone only takes about 10 minutes with prep time. You can easily start with boneless, raw, skinless chicken breast. However, it is necessary to state that the amount of chicken you need will vary and this depends on the recipe you are making and how many people are going to consume it.
Most people wash their chicken before cooking, although it is not really advisable. This is simply because washing chicken does not really kill bacteria no matter how many times you wash them, and these bacteria that are likely present in poultry juices can be spread to other foods as well as utensils and surfaces in your kitchen.
Step by step instructions on how to cook chicken pieces in a pan
1. In order to cook chicken pieces in a pan, you should start by cutting the chicken breast into 1-inch pieces. Once that is done, place chicken pieces into a large bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste. Be sure to toss to coat all sides.
2. After that has been done, you are free to add a marinade if you wish. You can either choose to cook your chicken right after this procedure, or you could even marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 2 whole days, according to research.
3. Now heat 2 tablespoons of canola or olive oil in a pan. Once that is done, fry chicken until it loses its pink color and is slightly browned on both sides. Note that this process only takes about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. It is important to state that according to various researches, the internal temperature should reach at least 165°F so as to ensure that harmful bacteria that can cause food poisoning have been killed. Therefore, in order to be sure, you can insert a food thermometer into the chicken.
How to cook chicken on the stove with water
Cooking chicken on the stove with water is by far the easiest way to cook chicken for a quick dinner meal. It can be added to your lunch salads, burrito bowls and a whole lot more.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yields: 1-4 servings
1. 1 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (roughly 12 ounces each)
2. 1 teaspoon salt to taste
3. Optional seasonings: smashed garlic, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, sliced onions Orr celery, sliced ginger, bay leaf, peppercorns, sliced lemons or oranges.
Step by step instructions
1. Carefully place the chicken in a single layer in the bottom of a pan. Note that it is quite okay if the pieces overlap a little.
2. Now cover with an inch of water and add the salt and any seasonings of your choice to give it taste.
3. Once that is done, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. You should be aware that foam will start to collect on the surface as the water comes to a boil, therefore, If you are planning to use the cooking liquid for something else, be sure to skim the foam off the surface. It is fine to just leave it anyways.
4. Carefully cover and simmer for approximately 8 to 15 minutes: Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook for an additional 8 minutes, then start checking the chicken to see if it is fully done.
You should note that the chicken is done when it registers 165°F in the thickest part of the meat when you use an instant thermometer to check. You can as well cut into the chicken to see if it is properly cooked through. Make sure to continue cooking and checking the chicken at interval or perhaps until the chicken is cooked.
5. At this stage, cool briefly, then shred or slice. In order to shred or slice, carefully remove the chicken from the broth and place on a plate or a cutting board. When it becomes cool enough to handle, slice or shred the chicken, as preferred. You are free to use immediately, or perhaps allow to cool completely and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Sliced or shredded can as well be frozen for up to 3 months.
How to cook chicken chunks in the oven
Both adults and kids will enjoy this recipe for a tasty appetizer. You can either serve warm or perhaps with your favorite dipping sauce if you wish. It is a very easy recipe that gives you the unique taste that you crave.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 30 nuggets
1. 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2. 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
3. ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
4. 1 teaspoon salt to taste
5. 1 teaspoon dried thyme
6. 1 tablespoon dried basil
7. ½ cup butter, melted
Step by step instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (that is 200°C).
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1½ -inch sized pieces. Mix together the bread crumbs, thyme, salt to taste and basil in a medium sized bowl. Be sure to mix properly. Once that is done, put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping.
3. Now dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, after that, coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Once that has been done, place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, then bake in the preheated oven for nothing less than 20 minutes.
Stove top stuffing chicken breast recipe
1. 1⅔ cups hot water
2. 1 pkt. (6 oz.) Stove top stuffing mix for chicken
3. 1 ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
4. 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
5. ¼ cup breakstone’s or Knudsen sour cream.
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Add hot water to stuffing mix. Be sure to stir until it becomes moistened.
3. Place chicken in 13×9-inch baking dish. Once that is done, mix soup and sour cream until blended, now pour over chicken and top with stuffing.
4. Bake for nothing less than 30 minutes or perhaps until chicken is done.
1. Serving suggestion
You can serve with any steamed green vegetable of your choice, such as broccoli, together with a cold glass of fat-free milk.
2. Special extra
You can top your chicken with one cup frozen mixed vegetables before covering with soup mixture.
You can as well substitute 2-qt. casserole for the baking dish.
How to cook marinated chicken breast in a pan
This recipe is very easy, quick, tender and moist. The best thing about this recipe is that the whole meal could be ready on your table within 15 minutes and this apparently is a bonus! you can as well use this same recipe to BBQ or grill, just make sure you remember that your chicken breast should be of even thickness so it can cook properly. So roll your sleeves and let’s begin this amazing journey.
1. A frying pan
2. A meat hammer or end of a rolling pin
3. Plastic wrap
1. 1 Chicken breast fillet
2. 1 medium potato
4. 1 clove garlic
5. 3–4 teaspoons olive oil
6. 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
7. 3 teaspoons lemon juice
8. Optional: recurrent jelly
9. Salt to taste
10. Pepper to taste.
Step by step instructions
1. Make a quick wet marinade. Add the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, tarragon, as well as salt and pepper into a mortar and pestle and beat until it is properly mashed. Should incase you do not have a mortar and pestle, you can as well mix together in a bowl, but be sure to pass the garlic through a garlic press first.
2. Once that is done, place the plastic wrap on top of a chopping board. Be sure that the wrap will be long enough to fold over the top of the chicken, then carefully place the chicken breast on the wrap.
3. Now turn the breast over. Note that when you do that, you will notice the underside has a slight cut from where it was removed from the bone. This is where we will do the butterfly cut. The butterfly cut is a procedure which will open out the chicken breast and make it thinner and more even for the pan fry stage.
4. Using a sharp knife, carefully place it where the cut is already, then cut all the way along the length of the breast. Make sure you do not cut the breast any deeper that 2 centimeters from the bottom as we only want to cut through the breast ⅔ deep into the meat length ways.
5. Once you have done that, turn the chicken breast over and spread it out. Place the plastic wrap over the chicken thereafter.
6. Carefully hit the chicken all over so it is 2 centimeters in thickness. Make sure that you get an even thickness through out. Also make sure not to hit too hard as you will break right through the meat and have holes in it. This process should only take 30 seconds.
7. Once you have done that, sart heating up the frying pan. The frying pan needs to be very hot.
8. Carefully place the meat in a dish and pour the marinade (that is the garlic, tarragon etc) over the meat, then turn and make sure the marinade is underneath too.
9. While waiting for your frying pan to get hot, you can cut the zucchini lengthways and then into halves and halves again.
10. Now place the chicken in the pan, and cook on both sides for approximately 1 minute so as to seal the meat.
11. Let the chicken cook an additional 2 ½ minutes, then turn over to cook the other side for 2 ½ minutes. You can use a fish slice or perhaps a spatula to push the chicken down into the pan carefully if you see thicker parts of meat.
When juices are clear, you can then remove the chicken on to a side plate and cover with some foil or perhaps a saucer. This is done so as to allow the chicken to cook a little longer in some steam. Not only that, it also develop juices whilst the meat relaxes.
1. Do not add any oil to the pan as this will cause a lot of smoke, and it is really not necessary as there is already oil on the chicken from the marinade which will help to stop the meat from sticking to the pan.