Ideally, losing 10 pounds in a week is very risky, it should not be done often and it should only be done with the approval of your doctor. A healthy weight loss is usually losing 1 to 2 pounds in a week. Losing 10 pounds in a week is risky but can be done. If you are there thinking of how you can lose 10 pounds in a week, it means you will have to burn about 3500 to 5000 calories more than you take in everyday and this can be done by controlling your diet (eating small portions of foods that are nutritious and equally low in calories) and by significantly taking part in your workout routine which includes; sports, interval training and other high intensity exercises.
How Can I Lose 10 Pounds In A Week?
When embarking on losing 10 pounds in a week, pay attention to the fact that how you lose that 10 pounds really matters. Losing such drastic number of pounds in a week is so high and so it has to be done properly. For instance, if you lose 10 pounds in a week by drinking maple syrup, lemon juice and a dash of cayenne pepper only, such weight loss is considered very unsafe. But if you do three intense metabolic resistance-training sessions as well as cutting down your calorie intake and carbohydrate intake and you lose 10 pounds in a week, it is very much better.
FACTORS THAT DETERMINES ITS SUCCCESS
- How much do you weigh: the more weight you have to lose, the easier it will be for you to shed weight. For instance: if you weigh 180 pounds and you intend to weigh about 130 pounds, it might be impossible to lose 20 pounds in a week but if you weigh about 380 pounds, it will be very achievable to lose 20 pounds in a week. That is just the general rule regarding weight loss.
- How much time you dedicate to weight loss: Many people usually do not have so much time to dedicate to their weight loss program, because of their busy schedules at work, their family duties and their social life, all these makes it hard to devote the time required to burn enough calories thereby making it impossible to lose 10 pounds a week.
- How long you can persevere during an exercise and your exercise experience: safety is very important in this regard, some people find it very hard to walk one mile, and those who find themselves in this category should not bother considering an intense resistance-training program as it may injure you in the process. An important part of an exercise program is having knowledge of one’s physical abilities and limits. Try not to put yourself in a situation in which you tend to collapse as a result of you pushing too far when you already know your limits.
Before embarking on this short span weight-loss program, you should ask yourself why you want to lose that much weight in a very short time and then ask yourself what is going to be the end results. It is okay to do high- intensive exercises but why does it have to be in a short time? Instead of that short time span, add more weeks to make it a month so as to give your body time to recover during the one month program. It is best to lose 10 pounds in a month, because losing 10 pounds in a week will definitely come back with time.
STEPS TO LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A WEEK
- EAT MORE LEAN PROTEIN AND LESS CARBS: Eat more of protein since protein helps to reduce one’s appetite thereby helping you shed more pounds and it helps boost one’s metabolism. Follow a low- carb diet as well, as it has been said to be an effective way to lose weight and it helps improve your health. Cutting down your carb intake for a short term can as well reduce bloating and water weight. People who follow a low-carb diet usually see the results as early as possible on the scale the next morning. Ensure you cut down sugars and starchy carbohydrates that week and replace them with vegetables that have low carb contents and at the same time, increase your consumption of eggs, fish and lean meats.
- FOLLOW THESE TIPS TO REDUCE YOUR CALORIE INTAKE: one of the most important factor for weight loss is cutting down on your calorie intake. You need to eat less calories than you burn so as to lose weight. Here are some of the tips to follow:
- Keep a tab on the amount of calories you consume: count and weigh the number of calories you eat, you can use a counting tool to help track the amount of calories and nutrients you are consuming.
- Eat only quality meals: avoid eating snacks and junk foods and try not to eat late at night.
- Eat more of vegetables: for the week, make sure you eat more of vegetables and avoid starchy carbs as well as added fats.
- When choosing proteins, go for lean proteins: fish and chicken contains low-fat, it is preferable to go for them.
- Avoid drinks that are high in calories: water is preferable and drinks with no calorie content, tea and coffee are good too.
- AVOID JUNK AND PROCESSED FOODS, REPLACE WITH WHOLE FOODS: If you want to lose about 10 pounds in a week, you should concentrate more on whole foods, whole foods gets you full easily and they can help you reduce your calorie intake. Throughout the week, concentrate on eating whole foods.
- EMBARK ON WEIGHT LIFTING EXERCISE AND HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING: exercises are a great way to burn body fat. Lifting weights and resistance training can help you lose weight just like regular aerobic training. Asides shedding body fat, it also gives strength and helps maintain muscle mass. You can do the full-body resistance training, they help to reduce water weight and the amount of carb your body stores. These can lead to a huge decline in weight. During dieting, your metabolism and hormone levels are declined and so lifting of weights can help guard your body’s metabolism and hormone levels. You can also participate in high intensity training when trying to lose 10 pounds in a week, some studies have shown that doing the high intensity interval training for about 5-10 minutes has more benefits or perhaps the same benefits as doing your regular exercise. This training also helps boost your metabolism and fat-burning hormones just like lifting weights. The high intensity training can be done three to four times in a week after a workout and it can be included in your normal workout routine. When doing the high intensity workout, do it with maximum effort and enough intensity. If you are doing sprints, it should not be more than 30 seconds.
- ASIDES THE GYM, ENGAGE IN OTHER ACTIVITIES: you should participate in other activities outside the gym so as to burn extra calories and lose more weight. Also, when you are not in the gym, increase your daily activities, don’t just sit down doing nothing because how active you are in the day plays a huge factor in determining how much weight you will lose. You can engage in some exercises like cleaning the house, taking a walk, biking to work or class, you could also stand more often as they all help in burning down calories. There is a difference between taking a job that requires you to work in front of a desk and that which requires you to do manual jobs will account for up to 1000 calories in a day. It is equal to doing 90 to 120 minutes high intensity training.
- GO ON INTERMITTENT FASTING: This is another proven method to lose weight fast, especially if you are looking at losing 10 pounds a week. It has been proven to be a tool for weight loss as it makes you eat fewer calories since you won’t be eating your regular three square meal. There are different ways to go about the intermittent fasting, which are; fasting for 20 hours with a 4 hour feeding window, also fasting for 16 hours with an 8 hour feeding window. The choice is yours to make, you can pick any of the above to abide by or carve out your own time range. Do not fast at the same time with your workout routine.
- REDUCE WATER RETENTION BY FOLLOWING THESE TIPS: If you follow the below, it will help you drop water weight and make you look lighter and leaner;
- Take coffee: Caffeine is said to help burn body fat and reduce excess water from the body. Since coffee is gotten from caffeine, drink coffee alongside your workout routine and diet.
- Take dandelion extract: Dandelion is a supplement that can help you reduce water retention.
- Avoid intolerants: Avoid things that you think you are intolerant to , some are intolerant to foods like gluten or lactose as they can cause bloating and excessive water retention.
FOODS AND DRINKS TO HELP LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A WEEK
- OATMEAL: Oatmeal is one very good meal for weight-loss, after eating oatmeal;, it keeps you full and satisfied for a long time because it is whole grain and it is a high-fiber carbohydrate. Oatmeal helps to lower the increase of blood sugar thereby putting a halt to the rise in insulin levels which prevents the storage of fat. How you prepare oatmeal matters a lot so that you won’t end up consuming calories. Prepare your oatmeal with non-fat milk instead of water, add chopped raw nuts and if that is not available, use natural nut butter stir and top it with fresh or frozen fruits. If you want a special sweetness, you can add few drops of maple syrup.
- NUTS: Nuts are also very good for weight loss; they contain high protein content, healthy fat and fiber that can take away hunger for quite some time. Nuts are small and convenient to carry about. Instead of eating bare nuts, you can add them to your oatmeal at night or add them to your yogurt for breakfast, you can eat nuts with other fruits or add to your salad for lunch.
- CITRUS: grapefruits are known to aid weight loss. Grapefruits help to reduce the storage of fats and insulin levels which in turn leads to weight loss. Grapefruit is more of water which is about 90% and will help fill you up when you take it. Please note that if you are on any medications, you should avoid grapefruits, if you want to use grapefruits for weight loss, you should see a doctor.
- BIOLED EGGS: Boiled eggs are very good too; they are very rich in protein nutrients and they can be eaten as a snack or added to your meal. Boiled eggs are very easy to cook and they are portable.
- FISH: Fish fights fat in the following ways; by controlling hunger, turning off your fat storage genes, they control blood sugar. Omega-3 fats from fatty fish are good for the heart and for the belly too.
- VEGETABLES: Eat more vegetables during your one week weight loss journey. Vegetables are food which contains the lowest calories, they contain different food nutrients and they help boost one’s health. Vegetables can be present in soups, smoothies and can be added to your side and main dishes.
- AVOCADO: Avocado contains Monounsaturated fats, this fat leaves your stomach full and makes you eat less. Eat more foods that contains monounsaturated fats like nuts, olive nuts, avocados too because they help with weight loss, boost memory and reduce cholesterol.
- WATER: Asides from weight loss, water is very essential to our health, try to drink more water, it will leave you full, hydrated and energetic. If you are trying to lose weight, drink water before every meal so as to prevent you from eating too much.
The most important thing is for you to work hard and be smart about it.