Whipped cream is one of those recipes that I could practically make with my eyes closed. Although it is widely known as a basic recipe, it is the best and it only takes just a few minutes to make. Only three ingredients are essential to make this recipe. First is a heavy whipping cream. A heavy whipping helps to hold the shape longer and also helps to produce a creamier result. This can actually work better if you plan to pipe your whipped cream or to use to fill pastries.
The second ingredient is a sweetener. You are free to choose your favorite sweetener to use for this recipe. I prefer to use confectioner’s sugar, maple syrup or honey. Confectioner’s sugar however provides the most unique and flavor neutral sweetener for this recipe.
The third ingredient is your preferred choice of flavorings. There are diverse options for flavoring. My preferred choice for classic whipped cream is to use vanilla extract. Although it is necessary to note that you are free to use flavor with spices, liquors, and other extracts.
How to make whipped cream from heavy cream
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
Cuisine: American, French
1. 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
2. 2 tablespoons sugar, honey, or maple syrup
3. ½ teaspoon vanilla or other flavorings or liquors
1. Place mixer bowl in freezer and whisk for at least 20 minutes to chill.
2. Pour heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form. This should only take about 1 minute.
Be sure not to over beat.
In order to make a stabilized whipped cream that will hold longer in the refrigerator, all you need to do is to add ¼ teaspoon of cream of tartar to your fresh whipping cream together with the confectioner’s sugar.
How to make whipped cream at home
Making whipped cream at home is very easy. The recipe only requires two ingredients and just a few minutes. The best thing about making whipped cream at home is that it is frugal and actually tastes better than store bought whipped cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Calories: 76 kcal
1. 2 tablespoon sugar
2. 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Be sure that your mixing bowl and cream are very cold (It is advisable to put in the freezer for nothing less than 15 minutes).
2. Add sugar into the mixing bowl together with the whipping cream.
3. Whisk until the cream gets stiff peaks.
Make sure to use within 8 hours.
4. If it starts to flatten out, all you need to do is to re-wisk!
How to make whipped cream with milk
Whipped cream can be made with milk. The milk adds uniqueness to the taste and is good for your health! It does not consume time and is provides extra nourishment.
You can use ⅔ cup of whole milk and ⅓ cup melted butter instead of whipping cream. Infact, I have tried this in a pinch when I wanted to make homemade whipped cream and I ran out of heavy whipping cream.
Therefore, it is necessary to state that you can easily make this work out even if you run out of heavy cream to use. Give it a try and see how easy it is.
How to make whipped cream with half and half
As long as you can use a tablespoon of melted butter, you can also use half and half. There should be sufficient fat content to make stiff peaks form into half and half whipped cream.
Once you learn how to make whipped cream, it is so simple and tastes much better than store bought. This whipped cream recipe is easy to make and tastes great!
Heavy cream recipe
Heavy cream is a basic component of many recipes, most especially during the holidays. But it is not an item a lot of people regularly have in their refrigerators and this can be so frustrating if they come across a recipe that requires it and then they realize that they do not have any on hand. Here’s the good news, it turns out that you can actually make your own heavy cream from just two simple ingredients you probably have lying in your fridge right now. First is a whole milk and butter, and second, a little bit of elbow grease.
Just as earlier stated, making heavy cream is very easy to make. All you need is the two ingredients listed above. In order to make 1 cup of heavy cream, all you need to do is to mix ⅔ cup of whole milk with ⅓ cup melted butter. Isn’t that really simple? As an alternative, just incase you don’t have milk ready at your disposal, you can as well use ¼ cup butter and ⅞ cup half-and-half.
It is however important to note that there are also quite a number of other substitutes for heavy cream if the rich stuff isn’t what you prefer.
Have you heard of Greek yogurt? This is a lighter option, but you should know that this tends to have a little more tang and thickness than the regular heavy cream.
If by any chance you are vegan or lactose-intolerant, worry less as you can easily make your own homemade blend by using tofu and soy milk. This substitute is very low in fat and relatively high in protein, therefore it won’t cause you any harm if you are sensitive to dairy.
How to whip cream by hand
There is no job so small that doesn’t deserve to be done perfectly. We shall learn to tackle simple kitchen duties. It is no longer a secret that fresh homemade whipped cream gives more nourishment and also tastes a lot better than anything you will get out of a can. You can whip it with an electric mixer, stand mixer, or perhaps a jar, but it is necessary to note that if you only need a small quantity, sometimes it is a lot more easier to just whisk it by hand, that way, you will have more control as well as a stronger forearms if you decide to do it the traditional way.
1. Get a cold bowl, and chill your heavy cream before you begin. (cold cream whips better)
2. Once it has become chilled, use a whisk to beat the cream back and forth until you notice that soft peaks are beginning to form. Note: if you are patient with this process, and you will have a soft, whipped cream in no time.
3. When your whip cream reaches soft peaks, you can decide to sweeten it by folding in your desired quantity of sugar to taste. Be sure to do this before you reach stiff peaks or you might run the risk of over-whipping it as you fold in the sugar. If you notice that youve already taken it too far, don’t panic, just add a little liquid cream and fold it in gently until it is the right consistency again.
Dollop it on ice cream sundaes, pies, or even fresh summer berries.
Sweet whipping cream recipe
Whipped cream is considered a very important ingredient in our daily life.
Yields: 2 cups
1. 1 cup heavy cream
2. 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
3. ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pour the cream into a well-chilled bowl and add the vanilla and sugar to give it the unique taste.
2. Use an electric hand mixer or perhaps a balloon whisk to beat the cream to your desired consistency. Note that for soft peaks, the cream should be just thick enough to hold its shape in soft billows, and for stiffly beaten cream, the whisk wires or the beaters will leave distinct traces on the cream and stand in firm peaks when the beaters are lifted.
The cream can be whipped up to a day ahead. Note that it should be covered tightly with plastic wrap, and also refrigerated. If liquid separates from the cream, make sure to whip it again so as to incorporate the liquid.
Recipes using whipping cream
I have listed nothing less than ten recipes to use homemade whipped cream.
1. Strawberry shortcake
2. Angel food cake
3. Key lime pie
4. Tres leches cake
5. Blueberry trifles with cream cheese added
6. Pineapple upside down cake or cupcakes
7. Coconut cream pie
8. Chocolate mousse pie
9. Lemon cheesecake mousse
10. Oreo cheesecake
Whipped cream plus these recipes gives you the nourishing taste you crave for!
How to make whipped cream frosting
You can make diverse whipped cream frosting. However, my favorite whipped cream frosting is creamy, nutritious, and tastes like whipped cream. Ideally, it is perfect for when you need a frosting a little lighter than buttercream.
1. 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
2. 1 small box (3.3 oz.) White chocolate instant pudding mix
3. ⅓ cup of powdered sugar
4. Decorating bags
5. Wilton 2D decorating tip
1. For the most amazing results, put the bowl (preferrably stainless steel) you intend to use in making the frosting in freezer for at least an hour prior to making the frosting.
2. Once that is done, add the whipping cream to the cold bowl.
3. Now, with the use of a mixer, whip for a few minutes until peaks starts to form.
4. Add the powdered sugar to give it taste and continue to mix on high.
5. Add the white chocolate pudding mix just before you get to stiff peaks then lower to a slow speed and continue to mix the whipping cream and the pudding.
6. At this stage, you are advised to watch the frosting carefully as it will set up fast.
7. Now when the frosting starts to come together, stop the mixer and scrape down all the sides. Also check so as to make sure that the pudding hasn’t clumped on the bottom.
Should incase it gets too thick, all you need to do is to add a little bit of milk (should be nothing less than 1 teaspoon at a time.)
For the pudding mix, you should note that different brands have different sized small boxes. If your pudding is in the range of 3.4 oz. to 3.9 oz. Do not worry as you will be fine.
How to make whipped cream for cake
Did you know that using cake flour and whipped cream makes cake extremely tender and light? You can as well fill it with your favorite frosting or perhaps serve with some fresh fruits.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 1 -2 layer 8 inch cake
1. 1 ¾ cups cake flour
2. 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3. ½ teaspoon salt
4. 1 ½ cups heavy cream
5. 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
6. 2 eggs
7. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Once that is done, grease and flour two 8 inch pans. Combine the cake flour, baking powder and salt to taste and set aside.
2. With the use of an electric mixer, whip the cream together with the sugar until stiff peaks form. Once that is done, beat the eggs, then stir it with the vanilla. Carefully fold in the flour mixture and mixing until incorporated.
3. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.