Here, we will be listing out the best supplement for muscle gain and weight loss and these supplements are also considered the safest, good for workout recovery and have the best benefits. While using this supplement, it is important to have a combination of good diet and a good workout routine, as using these supplements alone wont yield a great result. The supplements you choose must be safe and it must have been approved to be beneficial to your health. These supplements include:
- WHEY PROTEIN POWDER: this powder is one of the most sorted supplements for a lot of people who are willing to gain muscle. You can get the whey protein powder in protein shakes, bars, casein powder or buy the whey protein and use it just like that. It is good to incorporate protein in any kind of diet because protein is one nutrient your body needs. Protein helps with the growth, repair and function of the bones, blood, muscle, organs, skin and hair. In order to gain muscle and maintain it, you need a regular intake of protein. The great thing about protein is that it helps you lose weight without you losing muscle. Try taking whey protein powder every day, as it will help you feel full for a longer time thereby curbing your appetite and reducing the amount of calories you take in naturally. This supplement is one source of protein that digests easily.
- FISH OIL SUPPLEMENTS: this is one of the best supplements for muscle gain and weight loss, even if you do not have a workout routine or a good diet, the fish oil supplements is still good to go. This supplement has other health benefits other than enhancing muscle gain and weight loss which makes them much better than other supplements. Fish supplies a great source of fat for the body and fish supplements contain 3 omega fatty acids, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Other benefits of the fish oil supplement are, it reduces the possibility of a heart attack, it reduces blood triglyceride levels and the chance of an abnormal heart rhythms. They also help to lessen atherosclerotic plaque build-up, reduce the risk of having a stroke and help to lower blood pressure; it reduces stiffness in the joints which may be affiliated with Rheumatoid arthritis. This fish oil supplements has been proved to help improve depression, hyperactivity and ADHD. They also help to prevent heart disease, arthritis and diabetes. If you are going for a fish oil supplement, choose the best brand so you can get the optimum benefit.
- L-GLUTAMINE SUPPLEMENTS: this supplement supplies the human body with an abundant inessential amino acid and it constitutes the most amino acids in the skeletal muscle. It is referred to as inessential because the body can generate amino acids on its own. Bear in mind that, it is not a supplement that will make you burn weight and gain muscle; instead they act as a supportive agent which aids your workout and muscle recovery. The L-glutamine supplements helps to improve intestinal health and immune function. Many people who have taken this supplement have attested to its ability to reduce muscle soreness and successfully aid their workout recovery. Others have said that it is good for preventing sickness and helps to prevent cold and flu.
- CREATINE SUPPLEMENTS: this supplement is very effective when it comes to gaining muscles, over the years, it has proven to be very successful and it can be found in some kinds of fish and meats as well. Creatine helps to increase the energy in your muscle which means the amount of work your muscles will be doing will increase. However, some people are of the opinion that creatine supplements do not benefit them and this can be true if they naturally have high levels of creatine in their bodies. Since creatines are found in red meat, high consumption of such meat can lead to enough supply of creatine which means you will gain muscles naturally.
- MULTIVITAMINS: some multivitamins are good health supplements that are good for your overall health and anyone can take them even without the aim of losing weight or gaining muscle. They contain essential minerals and vitamins that your body requires to function properly. They also indirectly build muscle, help to recover after a workout and lose fat. As a result of the vitamins and minerals they have in surplus, they give a clearer vision, help you think and move properly, and pump blood. Multivitamins meant for men are different from those meant for women.
Table of Contents
Best Supplement For Muscle Gain And Weight Loss
It is important that you supply your body with enough and the best supplements on your journey to muscle growth. There are a lot of these supplements, but ensure your supplement contains the following, if they do, they can be considered as the best supplements for muscle growth:
- It should be a protein supplement, it can come in powder form, which requires you to mix it with water or add it to a smoothie, shake or any other beverage. Whey protein is considered as the best protein supplement because it provides necessary muscle building amino acids.
- One of the ingredients found in the best supplements is the amino acids, it aids muscle growth. Some are l-arginine, glutamine or l-lysine which are very effective and found in muscle building supplement. For best results, make sure you pick supplements which contain these three ingredients.
BEST PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT FOR MUSCLE GAIN
Some criteria has to be met when it comes to maximal muscle gain, they are: you need to eat more calories than you burn, consume more protein than you break down and an exercise program that will work on your muscles. However, taking certain supplements will help you meet your goals and gain more muscle with your exercise program. Many studies have shown that protein is very important to building muscle and this is so because our body cells need protein to activate protein synthesis. You can get Plenty protein in your diet particularly if you eat plenty meat, but you need more. For instance according to the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) general recommendation for athletes, an athlete should have about 1.2 to 2.0 g/kg of body weight per day, while those who are training their bodies for muscle gain needs more and this means that you have to rely on supplements to get enough.
- PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT: this is very vital to gaining muscle, and in order to gain muscle, you have to consume more protein than your body breaks down. Some people find it difficult to get all the protein they need from protein-rich foods while some easily get it, those who find it difficult can consider using the protein supplement as an alternative. There are various protein supplements available which are the casein, soy and the whey protein. Studies have proven that extra protein gotten from supplements causes those who exercise to gain a little more muscle. And other studies have proven that if you are following a high-protein diet and you are taking in high amounts of protein supplements, it might not help you increase muscle.
- WEIGHT GAINERS: these are supplements that are meant to help you get more protein and calories easily and majorly used by individuals who find it difficult to gain muscle despite consuming a lot of calories and lifting weights. These weight gains usually contain over 1000 calories per serving and majority of the calories come from carbs. These high calorie supplements usually contain 75-300 grams of carbs and 20-60 grams of protein per serving. Weight gainers are usually recommended for those who find it easier to drink a weight gainer shake but are struggling to consume enough food.
- BRANCHED-CHAIN AMINO ACIDS: This supplement has three individual amino acids in it which include: isoleucine, valine and leucine. These amino acids are gotten from protein sources specifically the animal origin like the meat, poultry, eggs , fish and diary. This means that we all consume BCAAs from the food we eat, but it is also common to use BCAAs as a supplement. BCAAs are very important for muscle growth and they constitute about 14% of the amino acids in your muscles. Some researches have shown that BCAAs may not produce greater muscle gain for those following an exercise program.
- BETA ALANINE: this is another amino acid that helps to reduce tiredness and can improve exercise performance. It can also help to increase muscle mass if you are on an exercise program. A study showed that when beta-alanine supplement is added to a six week high-intensity interval program, it tends to increase lean body mass by 1 pound (0.45 kg) more than a placebo.
- Beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate (HMB): this molecule is produced when your body processes the amino acid leucine. HMB helps you get the benefits of protein and leucine from diet. It helps reduce the breakdown of muscle proteins. Your body naturally produces HMB but taking it as a supplement will supply you with enough of it and it will help your muscles. Some studies carried out on untrained adults have shown that taking 3-6 grams of protein per day can enhance lean body mass from weight training. Other studies have shown that taking the same amount of dose may not be effective for increasing muscle mass in adults who are taking part in weight training.
Some brands you can use are:
- Nitor Elite HD Protein: this supplement will add amino acid to the 22g per serving of protein; it is also free of preservatives, dyes or thickness.
- Dymatize ISO 100 whey protein powder Isolate: this protein powder is the best for those who are lactose intolerant, you will get 25g of protein per serving, and it has low lactose and different flavors to choose from.
- NOW Sports Pea Protein: Pea protein has become popular lately and it is vegan friendly and an alternative to whey. The best of this powder has 24g per serving.
- BodyTech Elite Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate: this protein powder will supply you with 30 g of protein per serving. This brand is a good choice for athletes because it has a higher protein content which will enable a quick digestion for a quick recovery.
TOP 10 BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
There are many studies that have proven the effects of supplements in recent years, many have proven their ability to build muscle and lose body fat. Meanwhile, medical practitioners usually recommend that people get their nutrients only from eating real food. It is a good idea to turn to food to get the nutrients needed by the body, but the challenge is that some people do not eat the adequate amount of food that will supply them with the nutrients their bodies require. For instance those who are on a diet eat less food and these foods they skip contains majority of the vital nutrients they need, thereby making them short of the required nutrients. People who fall in this kind of category needs supplements so they can gain some nutrients which they have lost from foods. For instance, fatty acids (EFA’S) alpha-linoleic acid (or omega-3) and linoleic acid (or omega-6) are essential nutrients, but those who are trying to limit fat intake may not be able to eat these essential fats needed for their health and fitness. Some of the top 10 bodybuilding supplements include:
- Creatine: this is the best supplement for those doing the high intensity training, it is not meant for those whose exercise is aerobics and at the same time want to increase their work capacity. Some studies have revealed that creatine is 80% effective for those who are using it. As stated above, creatine is found naturally in meat, and those who eat enough meat do not need creatine supplements. What about the vegetarians amongst us and those who rarely eats meat? These set of people need the creatine supplements so as to get creatine from them.
- Casein Whey Protein Supplements: this supplement is the best for bodybuilders when it comes to promoting an accurate nitrogen balance. It is the combination of casein and whey, milk protein has 80 percent casein and 20 percent whey. This is so because casein is a kind of protein that acts slowly delivering its amino acids for a period of seven hours, while whey is a fast acting protein that delivers in 90 minutes. Whey has rich cysteine content and it acts like a precursor of glutathione, a liver detoxifier and a primary endogenous antioxidant.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: you need to eat fatty fish at least three times in a week so that you won’t be lacking omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s is very important to human health because the brain has 40 percent DHA and a long term deficiency in omega-3s can cause distortions in brain neurotransmitter function which can lead to aggression and depression. Omega-3s offers a lot of benefits and research has proven as such, a diet rich in omega-3 fats helps to reduce the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease by 75 percent. It also helps prevent different types of cancer like the prostate and breast cancer. It also enhances insulin sensitivity and allows cellular membranes to be very pliable so that your hormones can interact with cellular receptors more efficiently. Most people prefer the liquid form of omega-3 supplements because it will safe you the stress of swallowing so much capsules just to get 5 gram dosage.
- Antioxidants: vitamins, minerals, flavonoids are antioxidants, and many can be found in fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants is a general name for nutrients, and bodybuilders who are on a diet like the fat-loss diets often do not get most of these nutrients in the required amounts. These antioxidants are required when we exercise to help our bodies deal with the numerous toxic oxidants. During exercise oxidative reactions are produced and these are toxic to your body. The body has the antioxidant system which serves to nullify these oxidants, but during exercise, they become overwhelmed. This is why bodybuilders need these supplemental antioxidants to fight oxidants like free radicals. Dietary antioxidants include vitamins E, C and B-complex, zinc, manganese, selenium, green tea extract and grapeseed extract.
- Post- workout Recovery Drinks: this drink has simple carbs and other nutrients which help enhance muscular recovery and growth. Simple carbs are included because they promote glycogen replenishment and insulin release. These drinks are advantageous when taken before and immediately after a workout. When you take it before workout, it will help deliver increased animo acids to your muscles and this is so because exercise causes an increase in blood flow.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin: This substance helps to ease the pain that comes from injured joints and connective tissues and it aids healing.
- Multimineral Supplements: minerals serve as enzymes activators and they work hand in hand with vitamins, since vitamins are coenzymes. Minerals such as zinc and chromium interact with testosterone, growth hormone and insulin in your body.
- Green tea: green tea contains some active ingredients which are a group of antioxidants referred to as catechins. The most active catechin is referred to as EGCG which is more active in antioxidant activities than vitamins E and C. Green tea helps with fat loss, it protects against joint degeneration and prevents cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Estrogen Blockers (usually sold over the counter): estrogen blocker helps to restrain the enzyme aromatose which converts androgens into estrogens. When it succeeds in blocking aromatose, there will be an increase in testosterone thereby resulting to more strength and increase in size. Only men are to use the Estrogen blockers.
- Fiber supplements: fiber is very good in reducing body inflammation and it prevents increased blood pressure and blood lipids.
POWER LIFTING SUPPLEMENTS
Here are some power lifting supplements that can help you gain more strength and recover quickly, some of them have been mentioned earlier:
- Whey protein powder
- Creatine Monohydrate
Protease supplements helps to reduce the damaging effects of eccentric exercise and quicken recovery of the muscles perhaps by regulating inflammation. They aid proper digestion of food and they also help to break down and digest protein into amino acids.